Early Learning School
South Perth Early Learning School uses the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) to develop an environment and create opportunities for children to form relationships and to participate in play-based activities appropriate to their needs, interests and choices.
Education at South Perth Early Learning School is based on the latest research. We keep up-to-date and explore many philosophies from around the world. This includes learning models and teachings from Montessori, Steiner, Waldorf, Shichida and Reggio Emilia.
Play Based Learning
for the EYLF to be implemented properly, all early childhood educators need to know what play is, why it is important, how to implement and assess a play-based program and their role in it.’ earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au
Fostering Play Based Learning
South Perth Early Learning School play-based learning program will incorporate:
- a daily routine that includes
- active indoor and
- outdoor physical play
- integration of
- movement and
- creative expression
- adult-child interactions that modelled moderate to high levels of physical activity
- child initiated activities becoming familiar with your child’s family background and interests
Play based learning helps your child in
- taking risks
- problem solving
- learning to get on with others and
Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) describes the principles, practices and outcomes that support and enhance young children’s learning from birth to five years of age, as well as their transition to school.
- The framework is a key component of the National Quality Framework for early childhood education and care.
- The EYLF was developed by the Australian and state and territory governments with input from the early childhood sector and early childhood academics.
- It has incorporated feedback from a consultation process, including two national symposiums, national public consultation forums, focus groups, an online forum and case-study trials.
- The framework offers a vision where ‘all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life’. It has been designed so that early childhood services will be able to develop their own strategies to implement its objectives.
- Families looking for more information on the EYLF can use the Information for Families Guide.